We once again call upon creative and imaginative folk to contribute to the Out There Festival in a very special way. Our fantastic T-Shirt design competition returns once again in 2018
The Out There Festival returns for its 11th year in 2018 celebrating 250 years of circus in Britain. We are looking to celebrate and convey all that Out There and circus has to offer and stands for.
250 years ago, Philip Astley drew a circle on English ground and enriched it with a spectacular radical theatre that we now know as modern circus. In 1844, the railway arrived in Great Yarmouth and along with it, the Victorian tourism boom. Since then, Great Yarmouth has had a long tradition of blending seaside entertainment with the finest circus the UK has to offer with the Hippodrome and The Out There Festival, one of the UK’s leading circus festivals.
The Out There Festival this year will be celebrating this very special legacy in all the wonder and excitement it is known for, and we want our adoring audience to take home this legendary experience in a wearable t-shirt format.
This is where you budding designers come in!
The design theme this year will aim to capture the infectious wonderment of the circus and its vast history.
The Great Out There Festival T-shirt Competition will see one amazing design adorn this year’s official festival t-shirt.
Entries will be selected by our expert panel and the winner will receive:
- £200 cash prize
- 4 t-shirts for friends and family featuring your winning design
- and a selection of Out There goodies
Brief guidance is provided below.
- Entries can be submitted at any time up until the closing date/time of 5pm, Friday 24 August 2018. Entries received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Artwork should be supplied as either vector based artwork (Ai, eps) with outlined text or as high resolution (300dpi) jpeg or Tiff. The supplied file should be under 10MB.
- All entries must be on no more than a 2 colour pallete. Design will feature on the front of the T-shirt. T-Shirts will likely be printed in a number of colours, appropriate to the final design. Artwork should be a maximum of 31cm wide x 45cm high.
- Designs should be illustrative, not photographs. They should include reference to the Out There Festival (the Out There Festival Masthead is available to download if you would like to include that).
Entrants must email their design along with their name and a contact number and email address to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 24 August.
Full guidance and rules can be downloaded here: Competition guidance and rules
Out There Masthead can be downloaded here: OutThere_masthead_blackout
The Great Out There T-shirt Competition is supported by ESP Merchandise