We once again call upon creative and imaginative folk to contribute to the Out There Festival in a very special way. Our fantastic T-Shirt design competition returns once again in 2019
The Out There Festival returns for its 12th year in 2019 and we look to expand our incredible programme into new areas around Great Yarmouth.
In this tumultuous time, politics and activist action remains to be in the consciousness of everyone and outdoor arts has helped amplify its prominence. Extinction Rebellion, LGBT+ groups and race solidarity groups have broken down barriers and opened new doors to prosperous futures using a host of creative outlets.
Outdoor arts has a long history with art activism and this year’s festival lineup is no different. Bringing to you the cutting edge, the incredible and the intimate through 34 incredible artistic companies from around the world, we can’t help but bring down a few barriers (both physical and imaginary) along the way as we present the forefront of circus and street arts.
Many of the shows performing at Out There this year explore themes of cultural democracy, borders (eg. sexuality, gender, race) environmental health and activism. We thought it would be best to commemorate this special lineup with a snazzy garment typically worn over the chest.
This is where you budding designers come in!
The design theme this year will aim to capture these diverse concepts through the lens of circus and street arts.
Competition entries will cover one or more of the following themes:
- Borders & Boundaries
- Cultural Democracy
- Environmental Health & Activism
Entrants will weave these themes together with the style and identity of the Out There Festival.
Entries will be selected by our expert panel and the winner will receive:
- £200 cash prize
- 4 t-shirts for friends and family featuring your winning design
- and a selection of Out There goodies
Check out this year’s programme (to be announced Friday 19th July) here: https://seachangearts.org.uk/out-there-festival-2019/programme/
Have a browse of previous years’ Out There on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SeachangeArts/videos
Brief guidance is provided below.
- Entries can be submitted at any time up until the closing date/time of 5pm, Tuesday 27 August 2018. Entries received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Artwork should be supplied as either vector based artwork (Ai, eps) with outlined text or as high resolution (300dpi) jpeg or Tiff. The supplied file should be under 10MB.
- All entries must be on no more than a 2 colour pallet. Design will feature on the front of the T-shirt. T-Shirts will likely be printed in a number of colours, appropriate to the final design. Artwork should be a maximum of 31cm wide x 45cm high.
- Designs should be illustrative, not photographs. They should include reference to the Out There Festival (the Out There Festival Masthead is available to download if you would like to include that).
Entrants must email their design along with their name and a contact number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday 27 August.
Full guidance and rules can be downloaded here: Competition-guidance-and-rules 2019
Out There Masthead can be downloaded here: OutThere_masthead_blackout